The Call for Contributions for Walk21 Kigali has opened. You are invited to become part of the programme and share your expertise, experience, successes, and contemporary research.
The theme of Walk21 Kigali is Action for Walking: Affordable, Essential Steps to Improve Walkability. The Call for Contribution is open to proposals that address the conferences four sub themes:
- Improving road safety for people walking
- Planning for walking in low-income neighbourhoods
- Building walking policy actions to reach the SDGs and climate goals
- Financing and governance models for supporting walking infrastructure
We welcome creative ideas and opportunities to explore these themes to find innovative and constructive ways that thread an understanding of the evidence base into affordable actions with a showcase of delivered projects that have realised beneficial change.
- 28 March 2023 – Closure of Call for Contributions
- Early May 2023 – Notification of Acceptance
- End May 2023 – Confirmation of Participation
Walk21 Kigali will take place on 16-23 October 2023 in Kigali, Rwanda. It will be the 23rd edition of the International Walk21 Conference on Walking and Liveable Communities. It will be the first Walk21 conference to be held on the African continent. Walk21 Kigali will be hosted by University of Rwanda in partnership with the City of Kigali and UNEP.
National policy for walking – Join the conversation!
In a series of interviews, Walk21 is recording the experiences of persons who have been...
Report: Walkability App registers women’s perception of city environments in Dublin
A new study using the Walkability App in Dublin provides new insights into how women...
New project STEPUP will address women’s feelings of safety when walking
New project STEPUP will address women's feelings of safety when walking....