- This event has passed.
Oral Presentation 5 : Measuring Walking – the invisible asset and how to make it more visible
28 May 2021 06:30 - 07:50 BST
Building on past workshops at Walk21 to develop an agreed set of international indicators for measuring walking, this session will explore how existing international data sets could be viewed through a walking lens to illustrate the variation in walking experiences around the world. It will include a discussion on the limits and opportunity to use data to make the walking asset more visible and stimulate action to improve it.
- Daniel Sauter Director, Owner, Urban Mobility Research, Switzerland
- Aida Kaffel Rodriguez Consultant, Walk21
- Fiona Bull Unit Head, Department of Physical Activity, World Health Organization (WHO)
- Stefanie Holzwarth Associate Specialist in the Urban Mobility Team, United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat)
- Monica Olyslagers Global Innovation Manager and Cities Specialist, International Road Assessment Programme (iRAP)
- Jim Walker Founder, Walk21