- This event has passed.
Oral Presentation 6 : Understanding and creating safe places for people to walk
May 28 @ 8:00 am - 9:20 am BST
With the dawn of the Second Decade of Action for Road Safety, mode shift to more walking and cycling is recognised as a key road safety action. This session will explore initiatives from Colombia, Russia and India and research from Korea about making our streets safer for walking, especially for the vulnerable.
- Monica Olyslagers Global Innovation Manager and Cities Specialist, International Road Assessment Programme (iRAP)
- Dhawal Ashar Senior Manager, World Resource Institute
- Natalia Lleras Healthy Cities Lead and Vivo Mi Calle Project Director, Despacio
- Daria Raspopina Co-founder, Center for Urban projects, Shtab
- Sangjin Han Senior Research Fellow, Centre for Transport Safety, Korea Transport Institute