- This event has passed.
Plenary 1 : Global Imperatives for supporting more walking and creating walkable cities
May 26 @ 8:20 am - 9:40 am BST
Investing in walkable cities is the solution that answers so many of the challenges we face as a global community. These challenges are also the driver we need to build the case for investment and priority for people on foot. We will hear from experts in road safety, climate action, equity, gender and physical activity to draw together the threads of how harnessing more walking to support these agendas is critical for their success.
- Bronwen Thornton CEO, Walk21
- Francesca Racioppi Head, Department of Environment and Health, World Health Organization (WHO)
- Etienne Krug Director, Department of Noncommunicable Diseases, Disability, Violence and Injury Prevention, World Health Organization (WHO)
- Maruxa Cardama Secretary General, SLOCAT Partnership
- Rachel Cahill Head of Executive Office, Transport Infrastructure Ireland (TII)