- This event has passed.
Smart City Expo World Congress – New Ways to Achieve Gender Equality in Transport
16 November 2022 @ 14:00 – 15:30 Barcelona, UTC+1
While it is common to consider urban transport to be gender-neutral, transport planning is unconsciously biased towards traditional male travel patterns and modes. A growing body of evidence points to the differences between men and women travel patterns and mode usage. What are the structural gender differences and mobility patterns resulting from them?
This session is part of the Smart City Expo World Congress 2022, held in Barcelona.
Moderator: Jorgina Cuixart (EIT Urban Mobility)
Keynote: – Heather Allen, Senior Consultant on Gender and Sustainable Transport, Median SRL
Keynote: – Jim Walker, Director, Walk21
- Henk Swarttouw, President European Cyclists’ Federation (ECF)
- Lídia Montero Associate, Professor Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC)
- Lena Acker, Product Owner Data-Driven Mobility, Mercedes-Benz AG
- Carles Casas Esplugas, Director of Strategic and Prospective Planning, Ferrocarrils de la Generalitat de Catalunya, FGC
- Keynote 1: https://www.smartcityexpo.com/agenda/new-ways-to-achieve-gender-equality-in-transport-keynote-heather-allen/
- Keynote 2: https://www.smartcityexpo.com/agenda/new-ways-to-achieve-gender-equality-in-transport-keynote-jim-walker/
- Roundtable: https://www.smartcityexpo.com/agenda/new-ways-to-achieve-gender-equality-in-transport-roundtable/
Location: Barcelona / online.