Africa Network for Walking and Cycling (ANWAC)
Walk21 chairs the Africa Network for Walking and Cycling in partnership with UN Environment.
ANWAC is a space for organisations and experts to convene and collaborate under the auspices of a common goal: making the life of people who walk and cycle in African countries safer, healthier and more comfortable – through our combined action, expertise and influence.
The Network is shaped by 7 Working Groups.
You can join as many as you like to participate in the actions and activities:
- Nexus between Research and Practice
- Financing for Walking and Cycling (multi-laterals and development partners)
- Government Support and Financing for Walking and Cycling
- Data for Walking and Cycling
- Buidling Capacity for Local NGOs and Civil Society
- Public Transport
- Rural Mobility
Keen an eye out for the latest network meetings and events here
You can read more about the working groups and the network in the Q1 2022 newsletter hereRead here!